1. The culture, the festivals, and the music. We have the best local music scene in the world here. Where else can you go out each night of the week and see a zydeco band, a Django-escque traditional Cajun band, a great rock band, and a jazz band?
2. The people. I love how the public here supports the arts by buying our stuff, coming to our events. It makes it all possible.
3. The Food. It’s so hard to stay below 300 pounds here. I fight it every day.
4. The weather. It may be cold or rainy, but who here is digging out of a blizzard?
5. The artists. painters, sculptors, printmakers, poets, writers, and musicians. There are just so many and so many great ones for a city this size. It’s inspiring to have so many great shows and events all of the time.
Herb Roe is a professional muralist and freelance artist living in
Official website: www.chromesun.com