Last night, Jolie’s Bistro on Pinhook was the source of scuttlebutt and rumors of a fire. Yes, there were firetrucks, but it was only as a precaution.

Says Abi Broussard Augello, public relations and marketing liaison for Jolie’s: “No fire. [The city's transformer] blew a fuse, power went out and the A/C motor started to smoke. At Jolie’s, we strive to give our customers a unique dining experience but this isn’t exactly what we had in mind. We apologize to anyone who was alarmed and hope we get the chance to make it up to them.”

Diners were evacuated and ended up getting a free meal, however traumatically it came about.

Jolie’s Bistro is open for lunch and dinner today and all is back to normal.

To post a comment, please log into your IND account. If you do not have an account, click the "register" button to create one. Facebook comments can be used as an alternative to creating an account at

The ABiz Entrepreneur of the Year Symposium
Entrepreneur-Symposium14 315x178
the Grid!


LA LA Land

Read the Flipping Paper!

Click Here for the Entire Print Version of
IND Monthly