Five Fav looks of the year
There were a lot of major fashion moments this year. But, you're still trying to figure out what to wear tonight for New Year's Eve (read Friday's post for some perfect options) so we'll whittle it down to bare bones Top 5.
5) Hannah Simmons: funky downtown vibe. I've been running into Hannah for several years now about town and frankly the girl just knows how to dress. She is young. Fearless. Eclectic. And I can't get enough of her scarves whether she's rocking it around her neck or on her head.
4) Barbara Conner: pearls on a motorcycle. The free-spirited jewelry designer known for her signature gleaming baubles gave us a glimpse inside with a visit to her home. Seeing her astride her racing bike in a pleated leather skirt and pearls — priceless.
3) Muffy LeBlanc: ruling Fashion Night Out. The queen bee of Hemline wore an incredible leather tank to the fashion event in River Ranch. Paired with a too cool necklace and jeans with her long blonde hair, Muffy was what Fashion Night Out was all about.
2) Leather and feathers: Harold Clarke's show stopper. There were too many incredible looks floating down the runway at the first IND Style Awards. But, none (seriously) caused a stir like Harold Clarke's feather and leather dress. A fearless model plus a fearless design were unstoppable.
1) Crystall Coroy: IND Style winner. Crystall Coroy showed up at the IND Style Awards in an incredible vintage dress from Sky Blue. We died. Then she hit the runway … hearts stopped. People cheered. It was a moment. Crystall with ruby red lips and in a dress that was sweet enough to eat with just enough sexy vibe to raise the occasional eyebrow. Perfection.
The last year proved to be one packed with more style than any closet could hold. More panache. More fearless dressing and independent attitudes. We loved it. I loved it. What a year to cover fashion. But, we know the best is yet to come. So, here's to an even more stylish 2013. We'll be watching.
in case you missed it