Friends and family gathered at Abacus to celebrate the marriage of Jaime Richaud and Leryn LeBlanc shortly after the couple’s return from a beautiful destination wedding in Bora Bora (where they headed after a brief stop in Beverly Hills to sign their marriage license). The table arrangements by Carole’s Florist and Kim Veillon — orchids suspended in water — and Sweet Southern Ladies’ five-layered cake were the reception standouts for this Party Girl. The cake was as delicious as it was beautiful.
Krossfyre, as always, got the party started (and even stayed an hour late to keep it going), but there was a brief interruption for toasts to the newlyweds, among them a touching tribute from Annette Henderson to Jaime and the fearless work she has done as a medic turned successful businesswoman. When she was only 25 years old, two days after the terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center, Jaime drove to New York City with a small group of MedExpress medics to assist in the recovery. Two years later, she was the only woman serving on the Columbia Space Shuttle Disaster recovery mission, where she was appointed crew leader on a medical search team. She then went to Iraq to work as a medic for employees of civilian contractors and ended up starting her own contracting company there. In recent years she founded the locally based Richaud Real Estate.
Now Mrs. Leryn LeBlanc Richaud, Leryn is a registered dental hygienist who divides her professional career among two local dentists. The couple plans to have children — at least two, Jaime says — and has settled into their new married life in Lafayette with their cat and two dogs.
The women met in September 2010 through mutual friends and started dating two months later. In December 2011, Jaime proposed at the couple’s lake house with a gorgeous — and Party Girl means gorgeous — custom-designed ring from Lee Michaels Fine Jewelry.
View the video of Jaime and Leryn’s wedding ceremony in Bora Bora at theind.com.
1. Jaime and Leryn LeBlanc Richaud (Photo by Catherine Guidry)
2. Leryn LeBlanc Richaud and Branan Bernis, and Eddie Richaud IIII and Jaime Richaud (Photos by Catherine Guidry)
3. Austin LeBlanc and Leryn LeBlanc Richaud
4. Richaud family
5. Lynne Richaud, Bonnie Doucet and Olga Badeaux Thibodeaux
6. (top row) Jennifer Chahardy, Tarah Landry Raxsdale and Wendy Deal Burke; (bottom row) Dawn Necaise Conroy, Jaime Richaud and Lori Poiencot Bijeaux
7. Jaime Richaud, Eddie Richaud III and Leryn LeBlanc Richaud
8. Kory Latiolais, Monique Theriot, Tessa Rabeaux and Dale Babin
9. Lisa Latiolais, Allison Stroderd, Kristi Babin and Karson Kirk
10. Jaime Richaud and Leryn LeBlanc Richaud
Reception photos by Robin May