1. GUNFIRE ERUPTS AT CHICAGO PARK
A witness says dreadlocked men in a car open fire in a nighttime attack on people in a city park. At least 13 are wounded, including a 3-year-old child.
2. AL-QAIDA MILITANTS LAUNCH ATTACK IN YEMEN
At least 38 soldiers are killed and dozens wounded when extremist fighters surprise the troops in their barracks in coordinated attacks at dawn.
3. CLASH LOOMS OVER OBAMACARE
The GOP-led House is poised to ship a bill to the Senate aimed at crippling the president's signature health care law.
4. 'GET DOWN!' WOMAN'S FRANTIC ESCAPE FROM THE NAVY YARD
A worker describes what it was like inside the building when a former serviceman went on a shooting rampage, killing 12.
5. HOUSE VOTES TO CUT FOOD STAMPS
The bill would slice nearly $4 billion a year — a 5 percent reduction — from the program used by about 1 in 7 Americans.
6. WHERE DOZENS ARE MISSING AFTER A LANDSLIDE
The hamlet of La Pintada in southern Mexico is devastated and grieving after a tidal wave of dirt leaves 68 people missing.
7. HOPE RISES FOR US-IRAN THAW
Obama and Rouhani have exchanged letters, and may meet briefly next week when the Iranian president attends the U.N. General Assembly.
8. WHY CLARENCE THOMAS IS OFTEN SEEN BUT NOT HEARD
The quietest of the Supreme Court's justices says his college nuns taught him the most important word he has ever learned: "Shhh!"
9. PRINCE OF A GUY WORKS AT DAIRY QUEEN
An employee sees a woman pick up $20 dropped by a visually impaired man and refuses to serve her until she gives it back. When she refuses, he gives the man $20 from his own pocket.
10. WHO PROVES YOU CAN GO HOME AGAIN
Andy Reid makes a successful return to Philadelphia as his new team, the Kansas City Chiefs, downs his old one 26-16.