Firefighters have contained a blaze at downtown favorite Agave Mexican Grill and Cantina that severely damaged the restaurant’s kitchen.

Agave owner Nidal Balbeisi says the fire started shortly after 7 p.m. Thursday in a trash can near the rear entrance to the kitchen. The kitchen sustained some damage, he says. No one has been allowed back into the building yet.

“Fortunately we were able to get everybody out,” Balbeisi says. “No one was hurt."

Agave will continue to serve its food and drink menu from Trynd, Balbeisi's neighboring Italian restaurant. Weekend reservations and dinner parties at Agave can still be served next door. Call Trynd at 704-0999 to move reservations.

To post a comment, please log into your IND account. If you do not have an account, click the "register" button to create one. Facebook comments can be used as an alternative to creating an account at theIND.com.

LA LA Land
Advertisement

Read the Flipping Paper!

Click Here for the Entire Print Version of
IND Monthly
Advertisement
Advertisement