Saint Street Inn celebrated its one-year anniversary with a packed house. Along with performances from Cavemen, Dear States and Brother Dege, the Inn served up pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and jambalaya; drinks included housemade margaritas in classic or kiwi and a Caribbean concoction named Planter’s Punch. Festivities lasted well into the night with revelers spilling into the street and neighboring yards.
Fashionistas gathered at Hemline Aug. 23 to celebrate five years of fabulous threads with owner Muffy LeBlanc. Muffy and crew entertained supporters of the River Ranch store to the beat of DJ Andres as style mavens sipped cool cocktails and munched on macaroons of Hemline’s signature lavender-hue.
The American Cancer Society held its annual Black and White Gala at the Acadiana Center for the Arts to honor Spirit of Hope award winners and raise money for “a world free of cancer.” The gala included food from a dozen local restaurants, live and silent auctions and live music from Dr. Jazz. Honorary chairs Allyson Pharr and Craig Ortego hosted the awards ceremony and recognized Spirit of Hope award winners Diane Meaux Broussard, Dr. Luis Meza, Linda Rose and Ike Sagrera.
Lafayette Art Association & Gallery honored award winners of its Eye of the Beholder annual open competition at a packed reception. The gallery showcased the works of local artists including photographs, paintings, glass etching, sculpture and pottery, which are available for sale at LAA.
1) Paula and Tim Brasseaux
2) Gerard Bonnet and Jason Thomas
3) Daniel Smith, Brian Malnes and Jim Coby
4) Mary and Katie Tutwiler
5) The Cavemen
6) James Houston and Nicole Touchet
7) Laura Gandy and Micky Lopez
8) Jesse Guidry and Rachel Nederveld
9) Cecily Mitchell and Tom Jennings
10) Ethan Brasseaux, Frank Novak and
11) Lynn Nash, Laura Fink and Lane Wiley
12) Lana Roark and Andrew Ermon
13) Tony Bonomolo and Mary Arton
14) Regina Sullivan, Neil Gresham and
15) Lauren May and Mike McArtor
16) Mia Robinson, Stephanie Theriot, Cassie Fountain and Muffy LeBlanc
17) Caitland Sullivan, Kirstin Gidman, Natalie Dejean and Heidi Hodgson
18) Brandon Barrett and Rhonda Abshire
19) Rachel Dugas and Chandelle Rougeou
20) Kristina Suire and Thomas Gotte
21) Sarah Lalande, Alaina Favaloro and
22) Ramie LeBlanc and Lacey McCoy
23) Cassandra Rushing and TJ Colom
24) Dr. Jazz trombonist Eddie Russo and trumpet player Dr. Russell Steele
25) Allyson and Tiger Pharr
26) Rick Rowan and Rose Hoffman-Cormier
27) Paloma Reyes, April Revels, Stacy Domingue and Nagmeh Baity
28) Andre Guillory, Rick Rowan, Jeannine LaFrance and Jason Guilbeau
29) CB and Anissa Talley
30) Victoria Flores and Mary Hanchey
31) Katie Marino and Amanda Bedgood
32) Sandra LeBlanc and Daphney Fontenot
33) Brandi Rineholt and Kristie Lencon
34) Tricia Broussard, Cathy Miller and
35) Brandon Cormier, Elizabeth “Zob” Plessala and David Munnerlyn
36) Laura Ketteringham and Kiki Frayard
37) Sandy Kilgore, Bonnie Tharp and
38) Tosha Meaux, Julie Faciane, Chanel Broussard and Kati Williamson
39) Emily Neustrom, Jeanne Arceneaux and Christina Hurley
40) Suzanne Fogle, Lauren Fogle and
41) Kelly Guidry, Robin Hebert and
42) Sherrie and Walter Campbell
43) Mallory Broussard and Darren Scott
44) Diana McCormick
45) Allyson Pharr and Craig Ortego
46) State Rep. Vincent Pierre, Dr. Maitland Deland and Dr. Ammar Morad
47) Nikki Tonore, Carla Levers, Caitland Sullivan and Shelley Sullivan
48) Carla Levers and J.D. Morein
49) Carla Levers and Brandon Levers with “Leila in Lace”
50) Pat Sofer, Stefani Griechen and
51) Pat Sofer with “Among the Ferns”
52) Lou Ann Gerard and Christian Hayward
"I am not a scientist," Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell has said numerous times, a response that other members of his party have parroted.
The look of leather
1,595 rigs were exploring for oil and 332 for gas. A year ago there were 1,738 active rigs.
Republicans are running strong races against endangered Democratic incumbents in states such as North Carolina, Colorado, Arkansas, Louisiana and Alaska. Republicans are also looking to replace retiring Democrats in Iowa and West Virginia with a GOP lawmaker.
Historic three bedroom in Crowley or contemporary town house in Lafayette
Republican congressman Vance McAllister is trying to make up to Louisiana voters for getting too close to a married former employee.
You may not like all of “it,” but U.S. Sen. Mary Landrieu, unlike many of her colleagues, isn't sitting around twiddling her thumbs in Congress.
Acadiana's nightlife guide.
Saints safety Kenny Vaccaro says he "can't wait" to play against Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers.
The heat keeps rising for Iberia Parish Sheriff Louis Ackal as a new slate of corruption allegations surfaced this week.
If opposing defenses sell out to stop the Packers' passing game, they risk being gashed by powerful running back Eddie Lacy, a New Orleans-area native.
At the horn the officiating crew trotted to the tunnel and left security personnel to clean up after them.
Friday's Blogs from the Bog!
Sign "ninjas" cleaning up clutter; NYC doctor positive for Ebola; Ferguson grand jury decision nears; and more national and international news for Friday, October 24, 2014.
We can safely assume incumbent Chief K.P. Gibson isn’t too worried about this challenger.
Nationally, Republicans must gain six seats to win Senate control. The most competitive races, many in states where Obama lost in 2012, remain too close to call.
The Baton Rouge Republican has repeatedly battled a perception within his own party that he perhaps wasn't the best choice to carry the GOP banner.
Hot style for fans (and beyond)
Four bedroom Acadian or three bedroom traditional
Prestigious honor annually recognizes a single attorney for excellence in public interest/pro bono work.
Acadiana's nightlife guide.
"I have never seen anyone who worked harder for our people than Sen. Mary Landrieu, so I would like to share a synopsis of a few of the many things she has done to help Louisiana."
Even if Jimmy Graham's production dips while the star tight end recovers from a shoulder injury, it looks like Drew Brees won't have much trouble finding other targets.
A former campaign manager for Senate candidate Rob Maness is striking at the Republican contender's tea party support, saying Maness only sought to appeal to conservative organizations because he needed money for his campaign.
Ninety-two percent of public school teachers were rated either effective or highly effective in a report the state issued marking the second year of a new statewide evaluation process.
School board members Mark Babineaux, Hunter Beasley and Tehmi Chassion can vote to fire Cooper — because we all know that’s exactly what they’ll do.
District 2 school board candidate Simon Mahan is hoping to unseat first-term incumbent and former Carencro Mayor Tommy Angelle in the Nov. 4 election.
District Attorney Mike Harson is showing his desperation by falsely attributing quotes to his opponent and blocking journalists from his social media.
Three bedroom Acadian or a two bedroom town home
Ready to geaux in purple and gold