Saint Street Inn celebrated its one-year anniversary with a packed house. Along with performances from Cavemen, Dear States and Brother Dege, the Inn served up pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and jambalaya; drinks included housemade margaritas in classic or kiwi and a Caribbean concoction named Planter’s Punch. Festivities lasted well into the night with revelers spilling into the street and neighboring yards.
Fashionistas gathered at Hemline Aug. 23 to celebrate five years of fabulous threads with owner Muffy LeBlanc. Muffy and crew entertained supporters of the River Ranch store to the beat of DJ Andres as style mavens sipped cool cocktails and munched on macaroons of Hemline’s signature lavender-hue.
The American Cancer Society held its annual Black and White Gala at the Acadiana Center for the Arts to honor Spirit of Hope award winners and raise money for “a world free of cancer.” The gala included food from a dozen local restaurants, live and silent auctions and live music from Dr. Jazz. Honorary chairs Allyson Pharr and Craig Ortego hosted the awards ceremony and recognized Spirit of Hope award winners Diane Meaux Broussard, Dr. Luis Meza, Linda Rose and Ike Sagrera.
Lafayette Art Association & Gallery honored award winners of its Eye of the Beholder annual open competition at a packed reception. The gallery showcased the works of local artists including photographs, paintings, glass etching, sculpture and pottery, which are available for sale at LAA.
1) Paula and Tim Brasseaux
2) Gerard Bonnet and Jason Thomas
3) Daniel Smith, Brian Malnes and Jim Coby
4) Mary and Katie Tutwiler
5) The Cavemen
6) James Houston and Nicole Touchet
7) Laura Gandy and Micky Lopez
8) Jesse Guidry and Rachel Nederveld
9) Cecily Mitchell and Tom Jennings
10) Ethan Brasseaux, Frank Novak and
11) Lynn Nash, Laura Fink and Lane Wiley
12) Lana Roark and Andrew Ermon
13) Tony Bonomolo and Mary Arton
14) Regina Sullivan, Neil Gresham and
15) Lauren May and Mike McArtor
16) Mia Robinson, Stephanie Theriot, Cassie Fountain and Muffy LeBlanc
17) Caitland Sullivan, Kirstin Gidman, Natalie Dejean and Heidi Hodgson
18) Brandon Barrett and Rhonda Abshire
19) Rachel Dugas and Chandelle Rougeou
20) Kristina Suire and Thomas Gotte
21) Sarah Lalande, Alaina Favaloro and
22) Ramie LeBlanc and Lacey McCoy
23) Cassandra Rushing and TJ Colom
24) Dr. Jazz trombonist Eddie Russo and trumpet player Dr. Russell Steele
25) Allyson and Tiger Pharr
26) Rick Rowan and Rose Hoffman-Cormier
27) Paloma Reyes, April Revels, Stacy Domingue and Nagmeh Baity
28) Andre Guillory, Rick Rowan, Jeannine LaFrance and Jason Guilbeau
29) CB and Anissa Talley
30) Victoria Flores and Mary Hanchey
31) Katie Marino and Amanda Bedgood
32) Sandra LeBlanc and Daphney Fontenot
33) Brandi Rineholt and Kristie Lencon
34) Tricia Broussard, Cathy Miller and
35) Brandon Cormier, Elizabeth “Zob” Plessala and David Munnerlyn
36) Laura Ketteringham and Kiki Frayard
37) Sandy Kilgore, Bonnie Tharp and
38) Tosha Meaux, Julie Faciane, Chanel Broussard and Kati Williamson
39) Emily Neustrom, Jeanne Arceneaux and Christina Hurley
40) Suzanne Fogle, Lauren Fogle and
41) Kelly Guidry, Robin Hebert and
42) Sherrie and Walter Campbell
43) Mallory Broussard and Darren Scott
44) Diana McCormick
45) Allyson Pharr and Craig Ortego
46) State Rep. Vincent Pierre, Dr. Maitland Deland and Dr. Ammar Morad
47) Nikki Tonore, Carla Levers, Caitland Sullivan and Shelley Sullivan
48) Carla Levers and J.D. Morein
49) Carla Levers and Brandon Levers with “Leila in Lace”
50) Pat Sofer, Stefani Griechen and
51) Pat Sofer with “Among the Ferns”
52) Lou Ann Gerard and Christian Hayward
Louisiana has joined nine other states in support of Indiana’s appeal of a federal judge’s ruling that the Hoosier State’s ban on sam-sex marriage violates the Constitution.
The eclectic vibe of summer
Three bedroom River Ranch cottage or four bedroom Youngsville traditional home
The parent of Investar Bank says its second-quarter earnings fell to $1.1 million or 26 cents a share from $1.7 million of 44 cents a share in the same period a year ago.
1,554 rigs were exploring for oil and 315 for gas. Two were listed as miscellaneous. A year ago there were 1,770 active rigs.
The Saints are being cautious in an effort to minimize risk of re-injury.
Most personal auto insurance policies exclude coverage when people charge money to drive others in their personal vehicles.
In this letter to the editor, Lafayette Parish School Board member Shelton Cobb (the board's former president) weighs in on the difficulty behind this year's budget process, calling out a number of his fellow board members over their inability to drop their power struggle with the superintendent and make the interests of the students a top priority.
Acadiana's nightlife guide.
LSU Health Sciences Center says people with a common, hard-to-treat kind of lung cancer can join a new national trial to test drugs faster.
As New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton and general manager Mickey Loomis spoke about the opening of training camp, steep, tree-covered mountains were in full view behind them.
The family of fallen cyclist Lon Lomas is speaking out after the release this week of the man charged with his death.
"The solutions are obvious: undo consolidation, or amend the charter to make this hybrid attempt at a new form of government work better."
Friday's Blogs from the Bog!
A refreshing twist at a Lafayette institution comes served with a black bean salad stuffed avocado
Marijuana source of disputes for HOAs; experts say still safe to fly; Russian-supported attacks on Ukraine and more national and international news for Friday, July 25, 2014.
Louisiana's 21 casinos took in $203.5 million statewide in June, edging up one-half of a percentage point from a year earlier.
Three bedroom Sunset Victorian or three bedroom Opelousas Acadian home
Louisiana designer commissioned for NYC Awards gift
The Board of Elementary and Secondary Education is considering whether to get involved in a lawsuit against Gov. Bobby Jindal for his attempts to undermine use of the Common Core education standards in Louisiana's public schools.
Business First Bank has announced plans for a Baton Rouge market expansion through a merger deal with American Gateway Financial Corp.
Acadiana's nightlife guide.
The latest meeting of a south Louisiana flood board that stirred political turmoil with a lawsuit against the oil and gas industry is taking place amid uncertainty over the future of the lawsuit — and the board's own membership.
The photos taken nearly a mile under the Gulf of Mexico are so clear that small holes are visible in a lifeboat that may have gone down or been scuttled when a passenger ship was sunk by a Nazi submarine in 1942.
Advocate columnist and Jindal shill Quin Hillyer has been against the New Orleans levee board lawsuit from day one, but a recent piece targeting author/activist John Barry prompted the perfect rebuttal from the board’s former vice-president, who takes Hillyer to task on just about every distorted claim he’s made on the issue.
INDEats and EatLafayette want to give one lucky foodie and friends the most memorable meal — here’s how you can win
Thousands of people who bought health insurance through the marketplace created by the federal health care overhaul face price hikes next year that could top 10 percent.
Three bedroom traditional Lafayette home or three bedroom Breaux Bridge home
Style market slated for old Artesia
The city prosecutor has released the case file for Lafayette Parish School Board member Tehmi Chassion’s simple battery complaint against Superintendent Pat Cooper, and the seven witness statements given to police illustrate two very different scenarios.