Supporters of the Healing House tipped their glasses Aug. 24 during the annual Martinis fete that challenged local restaurants to create an out of this world libation. Newcomer Social took top honors with a “Life’s a Beach” martini while innovative creations from Zea and Pamplona kept the crowd abuzz. The mix master himself, Anson Trahan, formerly of Pamplona, made a guest appearance to show everyone how it’s done. Local artist Kat Crosby was on hand to show off her hand-painted souvenir martini glasses for the occasion. Randi Landry was as sweet as she was sexy in a fabulously pink dress while Jeannine Guidry was a blonde beauty in chic black.
1. Randi Landry, Annie Caillouett and Jeannine Guidry
2. Mary Anne Diel and Christine Lemoine
3. Eli Touchett
4. Jillian Coyne and Donna Valdez
5. Lisa Gargiulo, Michelle Richardson, Kat Crosby and Jill Giberga
6. Nanette Delcambre, Melanie LeBlanc and Christine Landry
7. Kevin Delcambre, Ross Landry and Pat LeBlanc
8. Chelsea Mertz and Anson Trahan
9. Travis White and Devin Delhomme
10. Samuel Kantrow and Jeremy Broussard
11. Randi Landry and Jeannine Guidry
12. Brandon Landry, Eric Dugas, Rye Tuten and Drew Saterfiel
13. Dr. Lindsey Saterfiel, Lainey Tuten and Margo Dugas
14. Candyce Brasseux, Cathy Miller and Barrett Brasseux
FOR ADDITIONAL IMAGES, CLICK HERE TO VIEW GALLERY.
It was a glam affair at The Victorian Aug. 17 when Richard Young rolled out the black and white carpet for the American Cancer Society’s annual soiree. The Black and White Gala was that rare mix of elegance and heart with fantastically dressed docs like Dr. Chancellor Donald and his beautiful doc wife, Aleicia, who was stunning in a black and white dress. Chair Laura Ketteringham kept her cool in a simple black number and turquoise earrings while Stephen Barker donned a pair of killer sparkling shoes (bedazzled by the bow tie wearing fella himself); Coco Chanel outdid them all thanks to a custom piece from the hands of Clay Judice Jr. that hit the auction block.
1. Richard Young and Karl Beverung
2. Nichole Forstall and Stephen Barker
3. Michelle and Nathan Norris
4. Dr. Malcom Stubbs and Bria Papia
5. Parisa Memarian-Liu and Michael Liu
6. Patricia Cormier and Martha Viltz
7. Jorge and Cristina Sosa
8. Teresa and Heath Babineaux
9. Colleen Dill and Kelly Frey
10. Dr. Malcom Stubbs and Kara Beth Allie
11. Clay and Wendy Judice, and Dr. David Allie and Kara Beth Allie
12. Dr. David Allie and Kara Beth Allie
13. Lori Lemelle and James Belanger
14. Cole Leblanc, Paul Ayo and David Meaux
15. Leslie and Mark Tammariello
16. Michael Dupré, Cindy Gunawin, Derwin Pitre, Katie Battaglio and Ryan Lassabe
17. Denny and Katie Culbert
18. Dr. Chancellor Donald, Mitzi and Art Mixon, Patricia Cormier, and Jeanne Solis
19. Makeitta Broussard and Paula Shamsie
20. Robin May, Jamie Blanchard, and Mike and Amanda Bedgood
21. Drs. Aleicia and Chancellor Donald
22. Kiki and Rick Frayard
23. Nichole Forstall and Laura Ketteringham
24. Victoria Toups and Jason Thibodeaux
25. Jennifer and Dr. Jeffrey Joseph
FOR ADDITIONAL IMAGES, CLICK HERE TO VIEW GALLERY.
Wednesday's Blogs from the Bog!
Smoked meat, fresh sides and the best boudin around
Michael Sam focuses on making the team; Christians flee Mosul; Kerry at work in Middle East and more national and international news for Wednesdays, July 23, 2014.
Mellow Mushroom Pizza Bakers opens on Johnston.
Cirque du Soleil effortlessly combines circus art with beloved Michael Jackson hits.
Kelly Guidry Open House
Parents and teachers who support the Common Core education standards sued Gov. Bobby Jindal Tuesday over his actions against the multi-state standards, accusing him of illegally meddling in education policy.
Acadiana's nightlife guide.
An arrest was announced this morning in connection with last week’s bomb scare at UL Lafayette.
Attorneys, judges and others interviewed by LaPolitics expect 15 to 20 district judge races this year.
"I feel like I'm under siege," an attorney said recently over drinks at Galatoire's Bistro in Baton Rouge. "We all do. Every time I turn around somebody wants a check. District attorney races. The judges. They're killing us."
As a requirement for running for Congress in the 6th District, former Gov. Edwin Edwards has filed his financial disclosure statement with the U.S. House showing his income in 2013 totaling $242,787.
Unlike those swindled by Bernie Madoff, the victims of Texas businessman Robert Allen Stanford’s Ponzi scheme won’t be getting any relief from the Securities Investor Protection Corp.’s emergency fund after a recent appellate court ruling.
Acadiana's Top 50 Private Companies
It would be an understatement to say Schumacher Group had a challenging year in 2013.
Hampton Toyota has been serving Acadiana as the premier Toyota dealership for more than 10 years. And now, the glossy Johnston Street dealership is looking forward to a makeover.
Even when Floyd Degueyter is on “vacation” he’s hard at work.
As the second largest metal heat treating company in the country, Analytic Stress Relieving Inc. has grown by leaps and bounds since its inception in 1979.
When the Prohibition era came to an end in 1933, Joseph R. Streva saw an opportunity to make a little extra money to supplement his day job.
When a hurricane hits, Brent Mouton doesn’t run. The convenience store chain owner is proof that the challenges of mother nature can almost break a business, but Mouton learned to grow out of temporary closure from near devastation in 2002 and of lost potential revenue.
By launching a Super PAC to end all Super PACs, our Top 50 keynote speaker hopes to change the game in Washington.
The 2014 Entrepreneur of the Year Symposium is new to the line up and will debut in early December.
Oil Center-based private facility extends its offerings with special events venue in failed women’s store.
One year later, is his expansion plan paying off?
Newspaper industry insiders question John Georges’ expansion plan.
How the U.S. has gotten itself into another fine mess
The Heymann Center was transformed into a culinary adventure in mid-June for the EatLafayette kick-off event, A Taste of Lafayette, and for the third consecutive year, a sellout crowd filled the Cajundome Convention Center June 19 to hear LEDA chief Gregg Gothreaux’s State of the Economy report.
A look at recent hirings, promotions and other announcements from Acadiana's business community.
Anne Pyle puts a bow on a stellar, expectations-defying career with her latest venture.
Carnitas, polenta and a verde sauce create layers of a Latin classic